What training do staff supporting SEND children receive?
What training do staff supporting children with SEND have?
- The Inclusion Leader, Mrs Lithgow, supports class teachers meeting the needs of those with SEND in their class.
- The Inclusion Leader provides training on SEND issues, sharing knowledge and ensuring that the school maintain a consistent approach for pupils with SEND.
- Individual staff members attend training courses, run by the local authority and other agencies, that are relevant to the needs of specific children in their class.
- Relevant staff have training from the Speech Therapy Service to enable us to develop our Speech and Language knowledge and interventions.
- It is statutory for the school’s Inclusion Leader to gain the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (NASENCo) within 3 years of taking up their post.