How will the curriculum be matched to my child?
How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
At St. Joseph’s support takes a variety of different forms:
- Class teachers provide excellent teaching designed to address the needs of all pupils in their class;
- Class teachers use differentiation to target the needs of groups and individuals within the classroom;
- Class teachers and teaching assistants may re-visit an area of learning that a child has not grasped;
- Pupils may have a short term intervention to address a specific need such as developing speech sounds;
- Some individuals have regular support as part of long term provision to address a particular area of learning. It will take the form of an individualised programme designed to meet specific needs. This may involve working with a Speech and Language Therapist or the SEN Support Service Specialist Teacher;
- Where individuals are on the SEND register, we use SEND Support Plans to target individual needs;
A child may have an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) if they have complex needs that require significant support.